View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004   #9
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man
Scooter...I think you are dead on about Carr; Let's face it, everbody in that is playing in the NFL at WR can catch if the ball is where it needs to be, albeit some ALOT better than others.
Let me throw this one out to you...When is the last time Farve had a big time receiver...and how does the Pats WR corps stack up to the rest of the league? Those teams have outstanding QBs and systems that spread the ball around to everybody and it looks like it's pretty effective.

That is what Ive been talking about. I think that after that 1st season where Carr got pulvorized, he was a little timid. Last year he wouldnt look past his 1st option before checking down to DD. I have taped games and while watching the games I see that alot of the times, Gaffney or Billy Miller were open. It was just Carr would stare at AJ for 2 seconds then dump it to DD. If Carr matures more in the offense and learns to check his 2nd and 3rd options, our receiving core would seem a whole lot better.

Most of you dont know this but in 2002 most mocks had Gaffney going in the 1st round and I actually think he played better his 1st year in the league. Thats because Carr didnt have a star receiver to stare down.

2002 mock draft
another
last one