View Single Post
Old 05-23-2004   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully Eddie has a copy of "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers. In that I mean, I hope he knows when to fold them. He is one of my favorite players in the NFL. And this is the Not For Long league, when production doesn't match the Dollar am'ts. I would rather see Eddie bow out under his terms then let managment decide for him. The Titans rode the horse hard. (like the Oilers did with Earl) I for one would like Eddie to have a very good season again (of course not against us), but this is a business and I could see the Titans releasing him and then resign him for lesser am't (like they did a couple of years ago with O'donnell)

I do think it depends on how well Chris Brown is doing and the other back they have (I can't think of his name at this moment but he is the one that used to play with St. Louis that they got a couple of years ago). I believe the worse thing the Titans did was somehow not keep a FB for him on a few of his years.

edit.. I still think Earl was the best back the titans/oilers ever had. To me George's career parallels Earl's where both backs carried the franchise for a while. I honestly don't want to see Eddie in another uniform like I had to see Earl in a Saints uniform
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote