View Single Post
Old 05-23-2004   #14
done88
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Has anyone stopped to think why that's the case?

Does anyone realize the Texans were dead last in offensive time of possession last season?

That means the Texans defense was on the field more than every other team (except the Falcons in terms of time of possession) and had to defend more plays than the vast majority of teams.

Sharper is very good and probably should have earned a trip to Honolulu based on his quality of play and impact, but I'm not sure I'd be jumping up and down about the fact that he made the most tackles+assists in the NFL when that basically was a function of how much time the defense spent on the field.
As much as the fact remains his had more opportunities. It also means he was tired. He had to continue to make those tackles while other teams scripted their offenses to stop him from making tackles. Who else did they need to worry about. He worked harder then every other defense in the league and he continued to make those tackles. He was the best defensive tackler in the league. I don't care if he was on the team with the most time on the field or the least.