Thread: Maurice Clarett
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

After reading this ESPN piece on Clarett, who else thinks the anonymous GM might very well be Texan GM Charley Casserly?

Quote:
The lawsuit [against the NFL] in itself, that wouldn't bother me. What bothers me is the guy thinking he's good enough to play when he's got all these other issues. And here's the thing on the injury-prone. This guy, I don't think, has ever played a full season in high school or college without missing time. So here's a guy, durability's a question on him. Work ethic is a question on the guy. So those are two big questions.
Personally, I thought Clarett was an outstanding player as a freshman at OSU. He could run inside, break it outside, catch, block. Does anyone remember Clarett running down Sean Tayor on an interception in the BCS championship? Just a very solid, all around RB. But, not everyone belongs in college, and I think Clarett proved that to be true. I may be wrong, but I still think Clarett has a chance to be a very good NFL player.