Thread: Faggins
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Grid you already answeared your own question, Demarcus Faggins is becoming a solid nickle back so long as he keeps the play in front of him. I doubt that he will ever be a true NFL CB because he lacks the skill sets required of that specific position namely the ability to backpedal & transition into a deep route where he lacks the catch-up speed to recover thus getting burned. This is why he allows so much space and seems to play cautiously, he is most effective hidding in coverage then reacting to the play in front.

I'm sorry to say I strongly disagree that he is ever going to be Duntas cover mate by choice. What the Texans need to draft is another true shutdown corner that compliments Duntas speed and big play ability. We need a bigger more physical player so the Texans can create favorable match ups & mix up coverage which negates predictablity a liablity that was seen against a very smart Denver offense last weekend.

I think your trying to rationalize your not so secret ambition of the Texans drafting a DT with the 1st pick in next years draft with the suggestion Faggins is the Texans CB of the future. It would be nice if somehow the Texans are able to get two first round selections again then draft both LSU boyz Marcus Spears & Corey Webster then we would both be happy, the Texans would be happy and the defense would be set for the future.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote