View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuno
Laugh, I said Johnson was a very good receiver. Just not a elite receiver. Don't take that outta context.

I still have to disagree about CB tho. I have heard it said that RB and CB are two of the easiest positions to come right in and start at in the NFL. However it is just a opinion however you cut it, no matter if it is a coach, player or fan. Probably depends on the scheme a lot too.
Quote:
"Cornerback might be the toughest position in football to play," Capers said. "You look and see the skill of the receivers who play the game today. There are very, very few corners who have (single) coverage the whole game; I don't care who you are. A shutdown corner to me would be a guy you feel confident putting out there in man coverage a lot. But to think he's going to shut a receiver down the whole game it's just not going to happen.

"So much of playing the position is skill, instincts, knowledge, all of those things. Just because a guy can run fast and has size doesn't mean he's going to be a guy who is going to go out there and shut a guy down.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...texans/2888446
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote