Thread: Aaron Glenn
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Keith at www.houstonprofootball.com had his finger on this situation well before most of us did. Glenn is still a solid cornerback but he is no longer an elite pro-bowl player and his age will lend to injury more often than it did in the past. Just remember we are still building our roster folks. We can't just plug in fantastic players at every position in any one year. It takes several years to get a talent base then you must cycle it because careers are short. I see Glenn on the corner here for a couple of more years. He isn't going anywhere any time soon. He can still do the job.

Quote:
Itís just that I get the feeling that Robinson wasnít drafted to be Glennís new partner at cornerback, but instead to be his replacement.

General manager Charley Casserly was part of a Redskins front office that selected Darrell Green in 1983, and there may be a little of Greenís longevity in Glenn. That notion though came into question last fall though when Glenn was sidelined with a groin injury that kept him out of five games and parts of several others. Contract-wise, Glenn is locked up in Houston for the remainder of his career, but no one, not even Glenn, really knows how much longer that will be.

While the Texans could very well go to a defensive back yet again in next yearís draft...
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout82.html
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote