View Single Post
Old 05-22-2004   #13
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

DeAngelo Hall
AGILITY TESTS
4.15 in the 40-yard dash (indoor track) 4.37 in the 40-yard dash (outdoors) 300-pound bench press 37-inch vertical jump.

Dunta Robinson
AGILITY TESTS
Timed at 4.34 in the 40-yard dash Bench presses 225 pounds 16 times 36-inch vertical jump 3.94 in the 20-yard shuttle 30 5/8-inch arm length 9-inch hands Left-handed.

When you really compare these guys, I think that Houston would have done better drafting Dunta anyway, had Hall been there. Let me explaine.

Most draft experts and scouts said that Dunta Robinson was probably the best cover CB in the draft. That is what a CB does he covers people, usually the best cover CB is the best CB anyway. Then you add to it that Dunta is a more physical corner,he was the hardest hitting CB in the draft and is better in the bump and run. Look at the strength, even though Dunta is lighter he benches more than Hall.(if you bench 225, 16 times you can bench more than 300). Then look at the 40 times. Yeah, Hall ran a 4.15 in an indoor track, but when is the last time youve seen a football game played on a track? Actually on grass Dunta ran a faster 40 than Hall.
That is more than enough reason to convince me CC and DC made a good choice.