View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the biggest upgrade needed is the Dline. success starts at the line.. and we need more there. We need a stud on the line basicly. That will improve our run defense.. and improve our pass rush, which will improve our secondary.

I think Earl will make a good SS.. I think Coleman will end up moving back to CB eventually.. and im hoping that Mcree will step up and take his place.

That would leave our defense looking like this.

Robinson, CB
Coleman, CB
Mcree, FS
Earl, SS
Sharper, ILB
Foreman, ILB
Wong, OLB
Babin, OLB
Smith, DE

then we need a stud DT.. and another DE. I love Payne and Walker.. but both are getting up there in years and though I think Payne rocks.. Walker looks like he is feeling his age.

On offense.. I think we are good. We will eventually need another TE.. a big blocking one. Personally id love for us to get an Antonio Gates.. big enough to block.. but a true playmaker in the red zone. Dunno if Joppru will be that for us or not.. hopefully.

Our RB situation is fine.. DD will come around, or Hollings will. If anything we could use a big back for short yardage, and possibly to groom for the future.

We COULD use some help on the line.. but not that much.. we can probably peice it together through free agency. We will need a Center eventually.. you want your center to be steady.. not someone you pick up out of FA.. he has to mesh with your QB and the rest of your line.. so maybe pick up a center in the draft? other than that. the left side of our line is fine.. the right side is good, but older.. we can probably keep it going through FA though.

WR we are great at.

And I think we are good at coaching too . I wouldnt have said that at the beggining of the year.. but Palmer has started to make a beleiver out of me.. and the aggressive D we have been seeing is great.

SO!. just to recap.

DT
DE
Coleman to CB
McRee to FS
Earl to SS
Center
Big TE
Right side of the Oline

thats my 2 cents
big RB
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote