Thread: Tony Hollings
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004   #27
Bill's/TexanFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Good post.

I think Hollings is still very much a project and he will get some touches as he becomes a better blocker, studies more film, and gets more reps in practice. We have all seen what an offense looks like in the NFL when you have players learn on the job. I've wanted to see more of Hollings myself but have just had to realize that they are taking their time with him and developing him in the background while we try to win games.
My take on RB's has always been this. They all come into the NFL needing to improve in the areas you've mentioned with blitz pick-up being right up there. We all know that at Georgia Tech Hollings spent most of his time as a DB and he played that position until the Yellow Jackets had a major need at RB. Tony came to Tech at a RB/DB so running the football was not totally new to him. My point is....at some point in the not too distant future the light should go on for him. It's been long understood that RB is the one position where a player can step from college campus to the NFL and play right away. Soon, I would think the Texan's would begin to wonder what Tony's future holds.