Thread: Tony Hollings
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004   #24
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really have no problem with what I call a conservative running game - if it fits your personel and is effective. I dearly loved watching Campbell pound the ball for 30 carries a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
By the way, I think Big Ben's comparision is a little unfair in that Ben has a good O-line, good running game, good WRs and a good defense. Remember Carr's rookie year?
My intent was not to compare individual stats, but rather to highlight the ratings. I haven't done a detailed analysis, but a quick look seems to indicate that QB passer ratings are up, on average, about 10 points from a decade ago. This is a direct result of rule changes and will lead to higher scoring games, which was the intent.

If it hasn't occurred yet, I believe you will see games where a team will score on every possession of the game, a field goal or TD. And, except for a truly powerful rushing attack, the game is probably moving in a direction where most of the better teams will feature a passing dominant offense.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote