Thread: Tony Hollings
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Good post.

I think Hollings is still very much a project and he will get some touches as he becomes a better blocker, studies more film, and gets more reps in practice. We have all seen what an offense looks like in the NFL when you have players learn on the job. I've wanted to see more of Hollings myself but have just had to realize that they are taking their time with him and developing him in the background while we try to win games.
That last part can't be stressed enough. The part about learning on the job I mean. The Texans don't have to do this anymore (Thankfully) and I think that's the only reason we're not seeing Hollings right now. They've seen enough of him by now to know where his game is lacking and with Wells stepping up his game and Davis healthy they have the luxury of keeping Hollings down at #3 until he's really ready to make a consistant contribution.

I think the fact that we're not seeing Hollings much right now is a good thing. He's a project with big upside and projects take time. When we finally see him he'll be ready to play unlike Wells in 2002.