Thread: Tony Hollings
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I still haven't seen anything to convince me that Tony will ever be a good between-the-tackles RB. He's a long strider and not a cutter so unless there's a decent size hole in his field of view, all he's going to do is run up someone's back. He doesn't seem to sense and feel the openings like a good RB should. Of course that's probably because he hasn't been a RB very long. Plus, Tony is not a very good blocker. He really struggles in blitz pick up and general pass-protect. One of the good things about DD once upon a time was that he showed great vision and burst and could react in any direction to an open hole quickly before it closed. He still has it in him. He just needs to get the confidence back. I think the fumbles really got in his head.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote