Thread: Tony Hollings
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004   #8
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tony Hollings

Can someone bring me up to date on Tony Hollings' status? I'm unable to listen to talk radio and have heard nothing. My understanding is that Hollings had some nicks prior to the off-week, but since then is fully recovered.

Hollings has gotten zero playing time over the past three or four games, and I'm not sure if he was even included on the out-of-town roster.

According to the Chronicle, the Texans are averaging 3.3 yds per carry, just ahead of Miami's last place 3.2 yds; and the league's average is 4.2. We rank 25th in the league in rushing yards per game. The Texans are the only team without a run of 20 yds or longer.

Capers' is one of the most offensively conservative coaches, with only five teams running the ball more often than we do. OK, if this is the ball game he wants to play, then why isn't he trying to improve on our performance by giving our "speedster running back" some playing time? I don't think we can do much worse.

Capers seems to be unable to adjust to unexpected situations. His intent was to run DD this year and came up with a game plan to best utilize his skills.

Now that this is not working, he is unable to adjust and come up with a running game that utilizes Hollings' skills. If or when Hollings does play, he will be asked to run plays designed for DD. This is anything but smart football.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote