View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004   #82
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Falsely accused

Quote:
Long snapper Bryan Pittman was amused to hear the Jaguars accusing him of having his hand wrapped around 300-pound defensive tackle John Henderson's throat during a fourth-quarter play Sunday.

The play in question was the fake field-goal attempt on fourth-and-two that involved holder Chad Stanley running a fake for a first down. When Jacksonville retaliated against Pittman after the play's conclusion by shoving him, Pittman put on an Oscar-winning performance by falling to the ground. The referees saw Pittman get pushed and penalized the Jaguars for a personal foul.

"I would have remembered if I choked somebody," Pittman said. "I had my doubts it happened. Sure enough, I came back and watched film to clarify that it didn't happen, and it didn't."
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2885361
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote