View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004   #23
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

err.. i dont agree with that. Doesnt have the athletic ability? If anything.. what he has right now is pure athletic ability.. what he doesnt have is good technique.

Ive seen faster OLBs.. but none of them were his size. The guy is fast, he is strong.. and despite what yall keep saying about him "quitting" on plays.. he HAS a nonstop motor on him... its one of the reasons we drafted him. if he seemed to "quit" on certain plays during the jags game.. there is probably a reason for it.

Also, I havent really seen him get burned on many plays since the beggining of the season. Early on I saw him mess up on some coverage.. but other than that.. I dont see passes coming his way that often.

As far as the run goes.. I havent seen alot of guys going to the outside either.. and I havent seen babin miss many tackles when they did come his way.

Maybe im not looking hard enough? It seems to me the biggest complaint im seeing is that he isnt getting enough penetration... give him some damn time! hes a freakin rookie.. from a sub par division in college.. he hasnt seen competition like this, and obviously he is going to need some time to LEARN.

bleh.. ok.. ill give you this much.. he isnt going to be rookie of the year.. he isnt leading the league in sacks..and he is not allowing us to put 10 DBs on the field while he holds the line.. with that in mind, i can understand why so many see him as a bust. :P
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote