View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004   #19
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Yeah but alot of that had to do with the Broncos already having more quality players at their respective positions. Don't you think?
I'm not sure I understand you comment.

If you are saying that we generated more starters than the Broncos because they have more quality players at their respective positions, I would completeley agree. I think the number of current starters, while a fact (the limitation being the real possibility that I'll make mistake about other teams starters), isn't particularly meaningful. I completely agree with you, if this is your point, that the Texans have had an easier time than most teams in developing their draft picks, because they needed help at virtually every position. It's been easier to start their draft picks.

If you are saying that it was easier for the Texans to draft players, because the Broncos had more quality players at their respective positions, then I also agree with you. It has been relatively easy for the Texans to draft the best player available, regardless of position, because they needed help everywhere. Just because it has been easier though, that doesn't mean they haven't done an excellent job.

IMO, as Texan fans we will have to accept that it will be more difficult in the future for the Texans to draft and develop impact players for their team.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote