View Single Post
shiny happy fan
Join Date: Apr 2004
Broncos - Texans gamecenter
from their official site.
RADIO/TELEVISION vs. HOUSTON
The Broncos/Texans game will be broadcast nationally on CBS-TV and locally on KCNC-TV (Channel 4). Kickoff for the game is 2:15 p.m. (MST). Kevin Harlan will provide the play-by-play, with Randy Cross joining him in the booth.
• Broncos safety John Lynch and Texans offensive lineman Todd Washington play together in Tampa Bay from 1998-2002.
• Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer and Texans punter Chad Stanley played together with the Arizona Cardinals during the 2001 season…Plummer and Texans cornerback Jason Simmons were teammates at Arizona State University where they compiled a 11-0 regular season record in 1996…Texans defensive tackle Junior Ioane played one year with Plummer and Simmons at Arizona State.
• Broncos rookie cornerback Jeff Shoate and Texans offensive lineman Chester Pitts were teammates for one year at San Diego State University.
• Broncos rookie linebacker D.J. Williams and Texans receiver Andre Johnson played college ball together at University of Miami…Johnson and Broncos safety Nick Ferguson are both native of Miami, Fla.
• Broncos safety Chris Young and Texans Tony Hollings played college ball together at Georgia Tech.
• Broncos punter Micah Knorr and Texans cornerback Jason Bell played together for the Dallas Cowboys during the 2001 season.
• Broncos tight end Dwayne Carswell and Texans receiver Jabar Gaffney are both natives of Jacksonville, Fla.
• Broncos defensive assistant coach Kirk Doll and Texans running back Domanick Davis were both part of the 2003 LSU National Championship team, Doll was the assistant head coach/linebackers and Davis played running back.
• Houston safety Eric Brown played for the Broncos from 1998-2001.
• Houston tight end Billy Miller played in Denver from 1999-2000.
• Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey and defensive end Marco Coleman were teammates with Houston Texans quarterback Tony Banks and defensive end Jerry Deloach in Washington in 2001.
• Coleman and Texans safety Marlon McCree and offensive lineman Zack Wiegert played together with Jacksonville in 2002.
• Banks and Broncos cornerback Jeff Shoate are both natives of San Diego, Calif.
• Broncos running back Tatum Bell, Texans linebacker Marcus Coleman and wide receiver Derick Armstrong are all originally from Dallas, Texas.
• Houston cornerback Aaron Glenn and safety Marcus Coleman played with Broncos safety Nick Ferguson (2000-02) and offensive lineman Cornell Green (2000-01) with the New York Jets.
• Texans cornerback Demarcus Faggins and Broncos defensive lineman Mario Fatafehi played together for a season at Kansas State (2000). Faggins and Broncos linebacker Terry Pierce were teammates for two years at Kansas State. • Broncos defensive tackle Ellis Johnson and Texans center Steve McKinney were teammates with Indianapolis from 1998-2001.
• Texans wide receiver J.J. Moses and Broncos defensive end Reggie Hayward played college ball together at Iowa State.
• Houston tight end Matt Murphy and Broncos defensive tackle Luther Elliss played together in Detroit in 2002.
• Houston punter Chad Stanley and Broncos running back Garrison Hearst played in San Francisco from 1999-2000.
• Stanley and Broncos defensive lineman Mario Fatafehi played in Arizona in 2001.
• Texans guard/center Todd Washington played with Broncos tight end Patrick Hape (1997-00) and offensive tackle Cornell Green (2002) with Tampa Bay.
• Texans strength and conditioning coach Dan Riley coached Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey with Washington from 1999-2000.
• Houston offensive line coach Steve Marshall was the offensive line coach at nearby University of Colorado from 2000-01.
• Houston defensive coordinator Vic Fangio and defensive line coach Todd Grantham coached Broncos defensive tackle Ellis Johnson from 1999-2001 with Indianapolis.
• Texans special teams coordinator Joe Marciano coached Denver’s Patrick Hape (1997-2000) in Tampa Bay on the special teams staff.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Vinny