View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

DD's had a bad year 3rd Coast. He's fumbled up a storm and he's been nicked up sitting on the bench watching Wells revive his career a little bit and I think he's suffering from a combination of the line not executing the zone blocking scheme and himself trying to "make it happen" too much. I've noticed that the last couple of times I've watched Davis run he's almost completely stopped cutting back and he's just charging into a spot where the blocking is headed.

That tells me that either there isn't anywhere to cut back to (the line's not creating openings in the manner they're supposed to be able to using this scheme) or he's not seeing it.

We know he was cutting back and finding the cracks in the first game as well as in his brief preseason time so he can do it. The line can also do it. For some reason they're just not doing it.

They will though. The longer they work at it the better they're going to get and Davis is going to settle back down and let it come to him instead of trying to force it.