View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004   #83
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Especially when many feel we could have patiently waited with our 2 round pick and found him on the board when our turn came around. I guess I figured he would be
the explosive, dominant edge rusher that Suggs turned out to be very early in his NFL career - and Jason is not that. I just gotta lower my expectations.

Babin was not going to be on the board in the second round. The Patriots were going to take him if he was available at #32. In Suggs' rookie season, the Ravens used him as a situational pass rusher because he couldn't defend the run. Now after 1 season, Suggs is playing like a complete OLB. Babin, in his rookie season, plays the run MUCH better than Suggs did in his. Let's give Babin at least a full season before we start judging him. Who knows, maybe Babin's pass rush will improve as much as Suggs did defending the run.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote