View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004   #8
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Default Cut Blocks VS Denver? Lets Hope not

MORA DRAWS DENVER IRE

In response to complaints regarding a hit by receiver Brian Finneran on Broncos safety John Lynch, Atlanta coach Jim Mora had this to say on Monday:

"That's good. That's fine. They had one last week that a lot of people in the league thought was cheap, so I guess what goes around comes around."

Mora, of course, was referring to George Foster's unnecessary cut block on Bengals defensive tackle Tony Williams, which knocked Williams out for the season.

The Broncos didn't respond well to Mora's remark.

Said cornerback Champ Bailey: "That's brutal. A coach shouldn't say those things."

Added safety Nick Ferguson: "That's unexpected from a coach. That's all I'll say."

Finally, linebacker Al Wilson said: "OK, if what goes around comes around, be ready then. I just hope it doesn't happen to any of his guys."

As a result of the hit, Lynch will miss two-to-four weeks with a stress fracture in his sacrum (we looked it up -- it's not what we thought it was on first glance).

Meanwhile, coach Mike Shanahan didn't criticize the hit. "It wasn't below the waist or anything --- it was a legal shot. He came after [Lynch], and it was one of those blind-side shots that kind of catches you off guard. It was a legal shot."

From www.profootballtalk.com

Lets prey this doesn't happen to any of our Oline
Andre_Johnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote