View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004   #36
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
Overly aggressive? He didnt get any penalties, there is nothing wrong with him throwing a little verbal taunt at a guy that just got smacked returning a punt. This is the NFL not preschool, they all talk all game, and their return man just got mad. And then Peek and someone else went over to their sidelines when the whole jags team was pushing Wells around. I am all for teammates sticking up for each other. You dont let the other team push anyone around, especially at your home. I would go more insane if they sat there and watched a four on one scuffle. Its just like baseball pitchers, you hit my teammate, i hit one of yours. And its like in hockey, you take a cheap shot at my team, i come punch you in the face and take a 2 min. penalty.
While I agree he did nothing wrong, and it did help that other guys got involved, I would really rather not see it. You never know when the ref is going to pull out that flag and I'd rather be safe than sorry. This is football, and one flag (especially an unsportsmanlike conduct) can easily change a game.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote