View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with what John McLain said about this. This is the NFL's fault.

The blocks are legal, the players are taught to do that within the rules set up and they get paid to do it. It's a very fine line here but it's not their fault if they are doing what they are paid to do and the NFL has stated it's a legal block.

Somebody said the other day that the NFL committee has already said they will look into changing this and that's good but too late for these players that are getting hurt.

It could also happen to a Bronco under the league rules. And it would be legal.

I understand the uproar though. It's not good to lose these guys with injuries and I never would want to see anybody get hurt like that. But it's legal. And there's the rub. It's not even a penalty.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote