View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well just going from memory.

3 or 4 times, his run was slowed down because an Olineman fell in the gap.. I was surprised at how many times we had linemen falling right in DDs path.

once or twice DD made youngster mistakes and got tripped up running into the back of his blockers.

a few times he broke free to get 4 to 6 yards.

but not ONCE did he look like he could break free for a good run.. well.. I take that back.. when he went to the outside he looked like he could possibly break free down the sideline sometimes.

For the most part.. as soon as he crossed the line of scrimmage he got mauled by LBs. That very well could have been because of the run defense of the Jags... but so many times last year I remember DD just bouncing off LBs and grabbing 3 or 4 more yards. I dont know if its because he is coming straight at them through these holes now.. or if its just because he isnt his old self.

Personally.. id like the chance to see DD running behind the old blocking scheme.. but that isnt going to happen. Not unless we have a couple of terrible rushing seasons.. then I could see us switching back.. but all in all I think zone blocking is here to stay for now.

I wish I could get Capers alone for 2 seconds and ask him WHY HE HASNT GIVEN HOLLINGS A SHOT!?!?!?!?! we used a second round draft pick on him.. I know that DD is our guy after last season.. but we didnt draft hollings to sit on the bench.. give the boy a shot!
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote