View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this was a very good defensive game for us. Our defense has been playing with momentum, inspiration, confidence, purpose, and new found life. They look like they are having fun now.

Offensively we over came alot against a real good football team. Gaffney's fumble, Andre's fumble and yes David Carr's fumble. That was a fumble and we were lucky to come away with that one. That is okay considering how we gave them away earlier this year, we deserved one of those back. David Carr's tantrum by the sideline also was something I feel we overcame thanks to the defense. That little display took us out of a possible FG or 3rd down conversion. They did show David on the sidelines after that and I gotta say it was real nice to see our man look as if to say, he wanted the ball again. It was good that we won the game because alot of heads would be rolling around here if we didn't, and it is much easier to learn from mistakes with a win. This team can now look back and correct the mistakes that could've prevented the win and as a young team learn from the now in the middle of the season instead of at the end where more will be on the line for us.

We did get quite a bit of help from the refs. The Jville first down catch that was ruled a fumble should not have been. But hey, we've been waiting 3yrs for that type of call to go our way.

Anyhow, my take on the game was that our defense has improved, our offense is steady but needs to become more mentally strong and needs to get a run game going again.

Nevertheless, a much needed win and I will take a win handed to us than a loss earned. I believe Gaffney said it best that the ability to overcome the setbacks in the game shows the character of this team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote