View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004   #36
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Ever heard of containment???
Babins job is to contain.
Containment is part of Babin's job and he has done reasonably well in that
department. As a 3-4 OLB, another big part of his job is penetration as a pass
rusher, and I think maybe that's the focus of George's critisism ? I know its mine. Because of the huge investment the team has made in Babin, they are giving him every chance to succeed and acquire experience. But I'm sure they wouldn't continue playing him if they weren't satisfyed with both his progress and performance.
After all, we are now on the brink of being a playoff contender and the developement of any player(s) is not as important as the team winning and possibly contending for a playoff spot. Nothing is.
So I don't know if George
has a hidden agenda here or something personal - maybe Babin's fiance is his HS sweetheart.
More likely he's just argumentative. That's what we do here - argue.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote