View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default well, since you call me out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I feel, despite what Vinny thinks, that our coaching staff made a very bad mistake when we were on the 2 with 1 to go for a 1st and 2 for a touchdown. On 3rd down they called for a pass which was incomplete. If you analyze the play from a clock and every other point of view, it was a bad call. We are at the end of the game trying to score and run the clock down. It looked like it might cost us the game and I think it was close and Lefty certainly thought they had an opportunity to come back in his post game statements.
Our backs (Dom and Wells) were a combined 26 carries for a grand total of 58 yards today (do the math and you don't get an impressive figure). If you watched the game you could tell we could not run on them inside. Since you didn't see the game you just assume that was a bad call. We had 6:54 to go in the game at that point and went ahead by two scores. Bleeding another 30 - 40 seconds off the clock wasn't going to do much to seal a victory. There is no way we almost lose the game on that call. It is easy to just find a play on a stat sheet and criticize it.
Quote:
(6:54) D.Carr pass incomplete to C.Bradford

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebo...041031_JAC@HOU
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote