View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006   #62
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Were Oilers fans this negative?

They were more negative, but that's changing lately. Texans fans will catch up soon.

While some of still may have a place for them in our hearts, they were a dysfuntional franchise. I found this out when Bum Phillips got fired. Earl Campbell got traded over a pitcher of beer. Everything was Pastorini's fault, so he got traded for a hungover QB on the decline. The yankee GM mooned a wedding party...and you guys think Casserly was awful.

Bud threatened to move the team to Jacksonville.

Bud got Glanville on the cheap, and then found out by accident that he was a good quick-fix artist. Still Glanville's behavior was typical of a dysfunctional franchise.

The Run-N-Shoot was a dysfunctional offense. It was inflexible. It couldn't make adjustments. Good defensive coordinators often knew what play was coming. Ask Bill Cowher. They never had a TE or fullback to pick up a CB blitz. IIRC, Rod Woodson got 6 sacks on Moon in one game. Moon was an awesome QB, but was oblivious to backside pressure.

The cameras liked to show Jim Eddy jumping around and screaming...then his defense made history in Buffalo. If you watch NFL Films, this is the only reference they ever even make to the Oilers. In hindsight, I think this spelled their end in Houston.

Bud threatened to move the team to Conroe and become the "Texas Oilers." I don't think that Conroe really wanted them. Nashville did.

They went to a Super Bowl because the NFL made Bud hire a guy that actually knew something about football. He got credit that Bud wanted..so now he's gone. He's got his "yes man" in Floyd Reese.

Judging from stories about Steve McNair's exit and Billy Volek's exit, these guys are still a mess. And there's no doubt who's running things.

Bud Adams defies conventional wisdom. He's always got a better way.

Now we've got a team with a better owner, a better front office, and better coaches.

And better uniforms.

We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote