Thread: Stadium Smack
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004   #54
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The "House of Pain" was during the glory years of the Oilers. Not the lame-duck season that was their last.
I wouldn't consider the House of Pain years the glory years -- that would be Luv Ya Blue IMO. HOP was fun - with Lyles and Seale walking around in pregame in fatigues and helmets - and the 7 years of playoffs were great (chokes notwithstanding) but I think I'll reserve "Glory Years" for 78-80 Oilers.

The attendance at the Dome for the Jax game in '95 was 36,346.

Recall that Bud tore the team apart in '94 because of the advent of the cap as we know it (2-14) fired Pardee mid-season and promoted Jeff. '95 was the beginning of the rebuild and the beginning of the exclusive negotiating period with Bredesen (Bud's fool me twice). '96 was the true lame duck year.

NFL attendance figures are tickets sold, not turnstile/scanner.

When the Texans won their first road game at Jax in 2002, the attendance (tickets sold) was 53,721. Lots and lots of unsold tix for that one...

Last edited by aj.; 10-29-2004 at 06:27 PM.