View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorDavis
I would like to see Wand in there as well but he is still just too raw. In the time that he was on the playing field last year he looked lost and confused. I hope he develops.
You aren't watching the same games I am watching. He was a surprisingly solid run blocker when I saw him play and didn't strike me as a player who looked "lost and confused".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I don't want to come off as jocking Wand, but he does have as much If Wand is too raw to play LG, the Texans should find another tackle, as well. Because Wand is just a Pitts injury away from protecting Carr's blindside.
I don't understand what you can't see. Wand's strength is not what I would consider at "Guards" strength. Guards take on the bull-rushers. This is the weakest area of Wands game, and I'm sure you are aware of this. Surely you don't think the Guard and Tackle spots are just interchangeable do you? With Guards just being lesser Tackles? They have different skill sets, and Wand is clearly better suited at taking on a quicker edge guy than a stronger bull-rusher from what I have seen. I'm not sure I am following your logic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Going back to my original point, no one has firmly established himself as the player to beat at LG. If there is a favorite, it would have to be Todd Washington who started 14 games in '03 and re-signed for a $500K bonus.
Todd Washington is the LAST guy I want to see as our starting Guard. He was terrible in pass protection and when he had to move. He was great as long as he has a guy right in front of him, but if he needed to step to anyone he would whiff. If Washington is starting we have serious problems with Brown. Brown looked good to me last year. He was a powerful run blocker and his feet weren't stuck in cement like Washintons were.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote