Thread: Stadium Smack
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
The stadium is very loud. However, I think it has more to do with the design of the stadium than it does the fans. Texan fans aren't that special, I don't think. Usually, the stadium is only about half full for the start of the noon games.. Also, where I sat during the Oakland game, the entire section of fans sat on their butts the entire game. I know it's a very different atmosphere in the Bull Pen but as a whole, our fans are on par with the majority of the league. Fortunately, our stadium is awesome!!
I don't know, man, the Astrodome used to be called the House of Pain! Partly due to the Glanville-style of play, but also because it was so loud!

And if Texans fans aren't that special, then why did Shawn Salisbury of ESPN say that Reliant is quickly becoming one of the toughest places to play in the NFL due to crowd noise?

Why did we lead the league in opposing team "mishaps" (Casserly's words) in the NFL...a lead, I might add, that was a 2:1 ratio over the second place crowd in those statistics.

No, Texans fans ARE special! And we will show it again this Sunday!

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUMBLE!!!!!