View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004   #25
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasduece
TE i agree totally with most of your veiw. However I think it is as outrageous for a team to back load a contract and opt out of the contract for "salary cap purposes". This happens a lot. They get their guy by offering all this money and when it is time for the player to get payed they opt out. The ball rolls both ways. The bottom line is that it is a buisness, they care about us as much as there willingness to win allows. Revenue sharing doesn't say you have to be good, but in most cases owner want that championship for not only themselves but the fans.

The bottom line can always be argued for money!

Absolutely!! I think most players know that they'll rarely see the last years of those back-loaded contracts "as is," and expect to re-work those deals when they get to that point in time. Not sure why they sign such deals, but like you said, the teams make their own problems when they offer them.

I guess we'll see how bad that can be as we watch the 2005 and 2006 Washington Redskins take the field, eh? :hehe:
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote