View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's a very high compliment to the Jags that the Texans fans feel that slipping a win in against them will be some form of "statement" and to a lesser degree it works the same way to the Texans as well. If Jacksonville wins then they've established a clear separation from the Texans and if the Texans win they've climbed above .500 against a division opponent with a winning record no less.

Setting aside the "Our QB is better than yours!" for a moment (but go right back to it as soon as this post is over by all means) isn't it cool that a Texans-Jags game means something more than "we're not finishing in 4th place this year"?

Everyone take about 5 minutes to collectively enjoy the sight of a 2-5 Titans team and the Colts going down to the Jags. This is what both of us (Texans and Jags fans) have been waiting for. Tide's starting to turn in the division.

Congrats on your win against the Colts and get ready for some good football this weekend. I think it's going to be pretty darned close. You guys are the 2004 "Cardiac Kids" and I think the Texans, less a couple of bad performances to start the season (totally out of character for us too) are right there in the same neighborhood.

Can't wait for Sunday.