View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

wow.. ok lemme take a stab at this

OFFENSE

Our offense is better. We average more yards per game. Carr is averaging 273 yards per game, including his bad games this year.. and he has had a couple. he has been hitting the 300yrd mark as well. Carr's QB rating is almost 100 and Leftwhich is barely 90.

your running game is better.

your receivers are not even close. Jimmy Smith is two slots above AJ on the stats sheet right now.. he has played 7 games and AJ has played 6 and he is STILL 10 yards behind AJ. AJ would be ranked even higher if we hadnt tried lining him up in the slot at the Tennessee game. Jabar Gaffney and Derrick Armstrong are both VERY solid WRs that are on par with your #1 and #2 guy I would say.. and they are #3 and #4 :P. Corey Bradford is a legit deep threat, but thats about it.. he is probably the weak link in our receiving corps.. but only because our other 3 guys are so good. No, we have you beat in the receiving corps. maybe if you had someone who could do what Andre Johnson does. Geez.. I understand you said this is your opinion but that was just a homer comment.

DEFENSE

I will agree with you. Personally I think the Jags have a slight edge, but we have been playing better every week and I think we can match up with the Jags defense this sunday.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Agree

COACHING

hm.. no I dont agree. I call this even. Remember last year when we won the game? 4th and inches.. Carr leaped over the pack for the touchdown? Gutsy calls are not something that only Del Rio does.. and while Capers/Palmers offensive strategy is sometimes suspect. Defensively.. we have more stuff we can throw at you than you realize. Fangio and Capers are geniuses of the 3-4 defense and have started to really show it the last couple games.

I call this one even.. I think Capers has the better resume, but Del Rio has more wins this season.. so it all comes out in the wash.

OVERALL

The Texans have the momentum beleive it or not. We are gonna have healthy players, playing in Reliant stadium (do you REALIZE how hard it has been for opponents to play in reliant this year? the offensive line penalties are staggering) on BATTLE RED DAY.. playing the 1st place team in our division, who blew us out last year in our last game against them. Then add in the fact that yall just beat the colts, and there are going to be SOME players in your locker room that are looking past us after that win.

I give the Texans the Edge. 27 to 13
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote