View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004   #38
UCFJag
Rookie

I dont believe you realize that the Jags had ample opportunity to score 40+ points in that game. There were several drives stalled in the red zone where jax did not get 7. add another 16 to that and they scored 40.
I think they figured a few things out against Indy in the run game, a few new plays came up in that game that pushed fred taylor for his first big game of the season. The addition to a now near healthy TE in Kyle Brady helped out a lot in that situation as well as passing game as Brady is cathcing clutch passes other TE's were missing. (i.e. the 2nd quarter TD) several balls have been dropped on 3rd downs and in end zone by TE's. Brady doesnt drop very many balls, and Taylor gets a bulk of his yards to the strong side of the field when Brady is healthy (historically, includidng yesterday). Byron also continues to grow, and in that comes confidence from the coaches, allowing him to do more each week. This team has opened up the offense a little more every week. Every week we score more points and look more impressive. I dont think this is a coinsidence and I dont think this will change this week, they will continue to grow, including in the house of your beloved Texans.
UCFJag is offline   Reply With Quote