View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see them restructuring McKinney before next year (if possible), or going another direction.

I just cannot see Wand as one of the best Guards on the team this season. AJ made a good case why not. I think he would get bull-rushed to death (as well as Carr would be). We have too many Hendersons, Hainsworths, and Strouds in the AFC Central for a weaker, lanky, 3 year Tackle project to hold up the Guard slot well enough to keep Carr upright. I am just fine with Wand playing in situational packages and special teams this year.

Everyone wants to move all our projects right into the line-up ASAP. Heck, most of this mb had zero patience with Hollings last year when he was in the last stage of rehab. Tons of people were down on this guy because he didn't produce like Priest Homes in flashes. Heck Priest Holmes did not produce like Priest Holmes early in his career. With that said, Wand may surprise. Players have done it before. I would consider Wand at LG a low-odds situation.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote