View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004   #31
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if comparing the WRs against each other makes sense. But comparing the Texan WRs to the Jags CBs does.

Andre Johnson > Rashean Mathis
Jabar Gaffney > Dewayne Washington
Corey Bradford > Juran Bolden
Derick Armstrong > Kiwaukee Thomas

These are the matchups that favor the Texans the most. Look back to the Texan/Jag game last year at Reliant, and it was the Texans spreading the field with 3 WRs that allowed Carr to start out 7-8 for 80 yards in the 1st 2 series. Fumble problems by the RBs (sound familiar?) let the Jags back in that game, but they showed their vulnerability to multiple WR sets.

And they're still vulnerable as the Indy game attests. Indy passed at will in the spread set, it was the Jag offense that stopped the Colts offense by staging long drives all day long. Call me mental, but I think the Texans will do a better job than the Colts in getting Leftwich, Taylor, & Smith off the field. I also think Palmer remembers how Carr & the WRs jumped all over the Jags DBs last year.

Texans 27
Jags 20