Thread: PUP? Joppru?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsJagman
Isn't he a bit quicker TE? I am trying to remember him, but can't. What might be cool, to see him lined up, along with Miller, in a stacked type situation, and play their size (weight and strength)against the Db's.
Joppru is (was?) a combo TE, for lack of a better term. Big enough to block inline, quick enough to beat LBs in coverage. The formation you described with Joppru & Miller is exactly what the Texans practiced early in the '03 camp prior to Bennie's initial groin injury.

I still think a guy with Joppru's skills is the missing link in this offense. Better blocker than Miller, can uncover better than Bruener, can be a great option on 3rd & short playaction. I know Casserly thinks that Joppru will see the field this season, I guess we'll find out if that's true.