View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill's/TexanFan
I remember fighting a battle once before with the issue being in which round Tony Hollings was selected. My point then was the same as now....regardless of all the trades & movement the selection still ended up being a 2nd rounder. Some people seem to feel that if we call Hollings a 3rd rounded it lessens the sting.....in my opinion it does not and I still believe the Texan's wish they had gone another direction with that selection.

The texans used a 2nd round pick on Hollings and trying spin it into something else is fruitless. You would have to give casserly a large dose of truth serium and put him under a hot light with a couple of guys nemd Bruno and Rex to admit they wished to go in another direction.

Remember, the Hollings pick occured after Davis was drafted, but before he broke out last year. July I think. Raiders were coming off a Superbowl appearance, so the Texans thought that the Raiders pick would be towards the bottom of the 2nd round, but the raider totally imploded and the pick winds up being the top in the 2nd. If texans had a crystal ball, i agree they would not have selected Tony Hollings with that pick.

BTW, don't give up on hollings as a RB. If a were the texans i would be going RBBC, not only to highlight the talents of 3 different players, but to keep all of them some version of healthy.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote