View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004   #26
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Far too many variables to look at stats over 2 or three games and call Wells the better back. To me Wells will never be a starting caliber back in the NFL. The run blocking has come together over the last few games and have made holes that I could have run through. Wells still does not break near as many tackles as Davis. Don't know if it is because of the fumbles or the nagging injuries but Davis is not in very good form right now. If its the injuries then I am very concerned that he is just not very durable. He's missed alot of time over the last few years. If its the fumbles, then I think he will get over it and have a break out game soon.
Davis' longest run of the year is 10 yards, so he' not breaking that many tackles. Davis has fumbled 4 times in 4 games while Wells fumbled once in 3 games. Wells average yard per carry is 3.7 while Davis' average is 2.9. Davis has 233 yards on 80 carries while Wells has 218 yards on 59 carries. If you look at the top rushers in the NFL DAvis is 16th and Wells is right behind him at 17th, with 21 less carries. I am not saying that Wells is a better back, I am saying he is getting the job done right now.