View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Play-action doesn't work quite as well when your ground game sucks.
The reason the ground game sucks is because they don't pass the ball 45 times a game.

Running 35 times and passing 27 is not quite as balanced as what I'm looking for, especially when the run averaged only 2.9 (?) yards per carry (something like that), but they had a lead and running out the clock was a good thing. I only remember one time (in the first half) where I was irritated by a (unsuccessfull) run play when I thought they should've passed. I also felt more of a passing pressence in the FIRST HALF--at least it felt that way as I watched it, anyway. That's what I really wanted, anyway. I felt like this team was throwing way too many of the passes in the 4th quarter that should've been attempted in the first and second.

All in all, we won the turnover ratio, again! That's what's really helping us win right now, I think.

Bye the way, I've always felt that it was way too early to be firing coaches. You gotta give this new franchise AT LEAST 3 full years to get it in gear. Then, you have to give them at least half of next year to prove that they have already gotten into gear--might as well wait 'till after the 4th year to start firing people.

Except for David Carr. He needs to be fired now!

I do also agree with what Corrosion said--although running MORE doesn't sound good to me.

Last edited by HJam72; 10-20-2004 at 03:24 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote