View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive NEVER said "Fire Palmer" . He's done a pretty good job of bringing DC along step by step , not throwing the whole playbook at him at once and overwhelming him , same can be said of the way he's dealt with AJ .

My main point is I'd like to see more than an avg of 3.3 ypc on running plays . The easiest way to do that is force the D NOT to put 8 or more in the box . Or use some mis-direction to get the D moving one way and the ball the other . I cant think of a single team who can run the ball effectively against a stacked line.

The only reason no-one is complaining about the 2.7 ypc this week against the Titanics is that they won the game . The 4 turnovers played a big part in that even if they failed to score a single point off them. Take away those turnovers and this is quite likely a different game .

Screen play's keep the Outside LB's honest as well as the safety . or any running play to the outside for that matter . The DE and OLB are generaly responsible for outside contain on plays of that nature .

The use of the TE across the middle or on post patterns is the responsibility of the ILB and or Safery depending on the coverage package . A steady diet of the TE across the middle forces the Safety / ILB to be just as concerned with the pass as the run and relieves some of the pressure on the outside recievers when the safety cant play over the top .

Once again let me state ... NO I DONT WANNA SEE DC DROP BACK AND FIRE AWAY 45 TIMES A GAME ...... he'd be beat up like Drew Bledsoe physically as well as mentally

Run the ball , do it well , control the clock , pass the ball effeciently , win some games . pretty simple concept
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote