View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 41516 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Pollack was 280 last year. He has dropped weight and is playing at 261 this year.
thats interesting he was 260 coming out of high school lets see he grows at least 1 inch, eats & trains Gerogia football 4 years, now benches over 700 lbs and he's gained a mere 1 lb since High School? You guys need to get off the weight issue because I have a feeling its not accurate or even relevent. Just watch him play thats all I ask, see for yourself.

he would be our best pass rushing DE even if he played OLB and lined up in the 4-3 on passing downs. Babin could hold the right side & Pollack the left the combination of the two would be lethal.

right now the Texans currently reside in the #16 pick draft location, obviously subject to change. He is a bigger, more polished version of Babin that would give the Texans another high motor to chase around opposing QB's. In case you haven't noticed the typical 3-4 DT just don't have the speed to keep up with the modern day QBs you need speed as well as strength & agility in the backfield. I relented on Udeze last year because of the size issue, and I'm happy the Texans found a true gem in Robinson but now the Texans need to address the pass rush with the highest skilled, intelligent good character in the draft I'm sticking with David Pollack
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote