View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Milford Brown will probably start at LG with Todd Washington pushing him hard for time.

I'm guessing the starters on opening day will be:

LT Pitts
LG Brown
C McKinney
RG Wiegert
RT Wade

Wand will back up both T positions
Washington will back up LG and C
Weary will back up RG and C

LG will be the biggest battle and Washington will also push McKinney at C. I see Steve keeping his job this season although he's anything but a dominating center. Wand isn't ready to take over LT full time - yet.

Coach Pendry's new zone blocking scheme may be a factor when all is said and done.

The good news: We have a lot of depth and flexibility at the interior line positions.

The bad news: We have little depth and flexibility at the tackle positions.

Wand at Guard? I'm down... While we're at it, how about Pitts at Tight End and McKinney at Tackle... Then we can re-sign Jimmy Herndon and trade that 3rd rounder we got for Henson to San Diego to get DeMingo Graham back just in case.

Last edited by aj.; 05-18-2004 at 11:22 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote