View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004   #33
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
nunusguy i would say that babin will play and start for us but its way too early to tell what he will do. the problem is that too many times teams gamble on players for that one small chance he will be amazing. Ryan Leaf for the chargers, the bengals years ago picked akili smith over culpepper and mcnabb, we will see what happens with the texans picking bennie. my point is that he has done nothing spectacular. and my point all along is that im tired of hearing him being touted as the second coming when he really hasnt done anything special.
I like your analysis and agree with much of it. Babin has made some good plays, but he has also screwed up miserably at time. But true, he really has done nothing spectacular which implies(maybe) that he doesn't have the potential that, say a Dunta Robinson has, who is obviously an outstanding athelete & hard-hitting tackler who has been spectacular at times. I dunno, maybe that's the difference between a high first round pick and low first round pick ?
Almost as interesting to me is the organizations lack of support for Peek -
if they thought he had the kind of potential you do (and they had all of last year to observe and work with him), they would never have gone after Babin in the draft like they did.
One thing I take exception with you on - Bennie. His injury(s) were jsut unfortunate events, and since he has no history of this from college, no one can be blamed. So it's really impossible to judge the Texans' wisdom of that choice.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote