View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004   #17
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Babin at SS? That's a bit of a stretch. Like most have already said his weakness is in coverage. Thats a primary concern for a SS. As far as Babin's ability I saw him get alot of pressure on McNair. Payne was in on a few QB pressures too, and that was good to see. Most notable was his pressure put on McNair on the Kailee Wong interception. I didn't see the same discipline out of Peek that some have mentioned. He looked to get swept inside on play action plays, and then not get much of a rush on McNair. I don't understand criticizing Babin's pursuit to the ball because he's been consistantly in or around the ball in the majority of our games this year. As for the reference about when Babin got near McNair but then "fell down". The play I remember when he was near McNair was when he was coming from the behind McNair and was tackled by the OLineman. McNair has an excellent pocket awareness because Babin was literally a couple inches away from having a hold on him before he took off and ran. As Vinny mentioned he's 6 games into the season. Patience is a virtue.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote