View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Honestly, Wong has been impressing me since the beginning of the season. Maybe I've been watching him more than anyone else but man he's taken a big step.
I'm with you Doug: I to think Wong has really played well this season and all of this talk 'bout Babin & Peek being our outside backers at some point in time - well I think we better make sure we hang on to Wong and then figure out whether Babin or Peek should play the remaining outside backer position.
But on the subject of outside backers in the 3-4, lets not use anymore 1st
round picks on these guys. Wong, Peek, & Babin were all DEs in college who
converted to LB in the pros. Another one we got this year was Anderson from
Mississippi - he was a 6th round pick ! There's gobs & gobs of these tweeners
in college that end up as OLBs in the NFL - that's supposed to be one of the attractions of the 3-4, it's cap friendly because you can fill some positions with lower draft picks.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote