View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like the way Capers handled this, telling Coleman face to face that he could play 3 or 4 more years at corner but it is what the team needs right now. To me that says, I am not putting you hear because I don't think you can play corner...It says I am putting you hear because you CAN play corner AND you are good enough to make the transition.

Now lets take for example Marlon Mcree, or any of the other young FS we have back there at this time. If these guys step up and actually earn the starting j, now we have a guy that can take back his CB role should Dunta not pan out or even allow Dunta to replace Glenn should he ever retire soon, or if one of our starting CBs goes down with injury we have a proven man at corner.

This will prove to be one of the best moves our defense has made.

I also like the move of Wong to the right side because now people will not be able to run at us over there with ease like they did last year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote