View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
What I think is OUTRAGEOUS is how an owner is obligated to uphold a contract but a player can, at what is more or less a whim, QUIT.
I sympathize with you, and held a similar view (and I still hate hold-outs) until I considered the facts that (a) the teams can cut the players at any time so really they don't have to live up to anything and (b) that whenever necessary, such as to pay for a Manningesque contract, they will come to other players and ask the to take less money out of loyalty to the team, etc. The basic fact is the NFL has one of the more restricted contracting systems and it was agreed to by both the teams and the players--they both have to live with it.