View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis
AJ what about the first 6 plays of the game all going to dominack davis?
Who cares where they went? The plays went for 7, 19, 4, 4 for the first four plays. All very successful, leading to a 1st down and a 3rd and 2. Now the 5th play I consider a little sketchy not because it was to DD but because it was a sweep and I have a thing against making a RB run 15 yards to get 2 for the 1st down. The fundamental point though is that one of the best blocking TE's in the league got beat like a red-headed step child on that play resulting in DD not getting the 1st down. In the second series the 6th DD play got 2 yards. Not great, but hardly a game killer particularly considering on 2nd they threw for 6 leaving 3rd and 2 once again. 3rd down the pass got batted down--call it a good D play or Carr should have thrown elsewhere--it certainly wasn't DD's fault or conservative playcalling. As aj has said they then came out firing all passes when down just 7 points.

Frankly I watched the game again last night and was going to post some thoughts like aj's--I have some others I will start a thread with, but the real point is IMO the Texans' failures were once again execution at critical junctures more than DD or playcalling being the problem.